- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Environmental Science
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to change a table name in SQL ?
This is the command to change a table name in SQL:
ALTER TABLE table_name RENAME TO new_table_name;
We will start off by giving the keywords ALTER TABLE, then we will follow it up by giving the original name of the table, after that, we will give in the keywords RENAME TO and finally, we will give the new table name.
For example, if we want to change the “employee” table to “employee_information”, this will be the command:
ALTER TABLE employee RENAME TO employee_information;
- What is PL/SQL ?
- How to Create a Table in SQL – Postgres and MySQL Example Query
- What is OLTP ?
- How to delete a column in SQL ?
- How to insert date in SQL ?
- What is SQL server ?
- What is a schema in SQL ?
- What is SQL ?
- How to delete a row in SQL ?
- How to create a table in SQL ?
- How do I view tables in SQL ?
- How to find the nth highest salary in SQL ?
- How to change a table name in SQL ?
- What is Normalization in SQL ?
- How to create a database in SQL?
- What are Nested Triggers ?